Monday, July 30, 2012

POEM

hello

my name is julia

i am tired

my brains not wired

four unit math is tommorow

and i am screwed.

Omg. the trials

gon last a while

but it feels nice

coz i feel freeeeeeeeee

whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


dayum this poem should be studied by students doin the hsc.

The deliberate choice of ungrammatical expressions reveals a modern-age teenager and thus the inclusion of the occasional full stop places strong emphasis on the message it follows, such as its presence after "Screwed" and "Omg" enhances the emotional turmoil of the composer. Blah blah blah.. finally, the last two lines "free" and "whee" are deliberately extended to mirror the outpouring of emotions, and that the composer has managed to find a send of solace within her "screwed"-ness. Maybe the name too, "I am Julia" perhaps marks a sense of identity crisiiiiiss.................. just NO!

I must say, out of all the english topics i've studied in my whole high school, i've only been ever enlightened/struck (call it whatever) by the belonging module (only a tiny bit) a bit more by module a (moreso blade runner, the scene where the guy goes "blahbalhal tears in the rain" that was some sad shit)

... and lastly, a lot by hamlet, which made me very concious of death/life in daily life. Like I assume normally, you would put death at the back of your mind right? But every few times a day I could be randomly talking to someone, and suddenly "WOAH WE GON DIE HAHA" and let's say they smile/or laugh, i would observe and think, "HOLY CRIAP. THIS IS TEMPORARY. LEMME TAKE THIS IN. IT WILL NOT EXIST 100YEARS LATER" so friggin hamlet.

well I guess that's better than getting reminded of it ALL DA TIME!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand good night!








No comments:

Post a Comment