Saturday, May 12, 2012

im a thinker 8)

sing/dancing/playing an instrument

I realised as i was playing songs i knew on the piano, that i don't know what notes im playing, but somehow it comes out sounding right.
For example the second before im about to play another broken chord lets say, i know where my hand goes. yet if u stop me before playing the next broken chord i wouldn't know where my hand goes or what chord i was going to play, muscle memory?

anyways, then i was like, why am i so bad at learning new choreographies for dance, why is my sister so good at copying moves? well you see, in intermediate dancing, my sister kind of just goes with it, for example, when she teaches me some dance, she constantly forgets what moves come next, but when the music comes on she remembers. well i try to break every single move down!! which is not the way to go( similar to breaking all the stuff i play to single notes and remembering every single note).

anyways point is: maybe it's better to get the jist of things than to break everything down to it's atom and learning that atom.

did that analogy suck LOL?

ofc this doesn't apply to everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment